Keeping Discussing Guys

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
Dan
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Keeping Discussing Guys

Post by Dan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 am

Hey Guys,

The forum has become very quiet since sometime now. Seems either some guys are very happy and others are totally disappointed. Cheer up guys and write down your views and experiences so that we all can try our luck in the best possible way. Let's discuss how we can improve our strategies and ways of playing. I am of the opinion that only by knowing how to run GAT or WG, we won't hit as good as we want. So let's discussing and sharing.

Cheers
Dan

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Keeping Discussing Guys

Post by pusha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Dan,

i would gladly share my point of view if some interessting topic is coming up. 8-)

Cheers,

pusha.

Skirrow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Skirrow » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 am

Hi Dan
Had some initial success with GAT , but lately I am struggling ( like other users ) to find the best strategy ,BUT I think GAT is the best there is to assist with number prediction so hopefully things will get better with the next release.

Would like to know what other users find as the potential best settings for Data & Draws , once that is established we can all look at deciphering the results ,because at the moment I seem to be chopping and changing .......Have tried various settings and at present looking at 20 Draws & 20 Data ( mainly to achieve GATs in the higher hits category in the shortest time ) ....any thoughts on that anybody ?

Good Luck everybody !
Skirrow

draughtsman
Site Admin

Post by draughtsman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 am

Hi Skirrow and others,

I have done a lot of testing with statistical data draws down below 15 sufficient for me to say I don’t think it is worth going there. Tried every range between 2 and 13 and whilst numerous GATs are defined I found them unreliable in predicting for the next draw. I have not tried too much beyond 25 stat data draws but have now basically settled on between 15 to 20 stat draws. And in all this testing I have used 20 past draws as the run size. Whilst this number of draws allows a quick run through allowing out to 40m tables plus the disadvantage with 20 draws is that you do not get to see the predictive behaviour across enough draws to draw a conclusion that another good hit is nearby or very close. I now choose 50 as a compromise. I should add that the above comments refer to one specific lottery – it may well be quite different for another lottery.

I tested across all these statistical data ranges to see if there might be a sweet spot for this parameter in my lottery (Powerball 5/45) but really couldn’t find one. Except I have been fortunate to come across a GAT that has predicted full hits 4 times in 50 draws with just 12 numbers and all done with fairly even draw intervals – this is quite exceptional in my opinion, so my thinking is now where I hope this GAT table will replicate its previous performance and that I shall use the run factor adjustment for some time. Having a good GAT to work with actually makes the prediction process quite simple – plug in the GAT ID number adjust the run factor and let it go. And having just 12 numbers allows good wheels to be developed within a reasonable budget.

My question to Anastasios in the light of his excellent recent paper on the art of lottery number prediction and his theory on apparent loose connections within the lottery system would be - how long might these loose connections linger so allowing use of the run factor say out to 20 or 30 draws? Would this be possible?

Yes – you do appear to go through waves of success with GAT and then nothing for a while but given this is a prediction system with a given probability of success/fail this presumably is what we must go through. And given the weaknesses in other statistical techniques made so apparent in Anastasios’ paper GAT will do me.

You have to be in it to win it.

draughtsman

If you haven't seen it see Anastasios' paper at http://gat.anastasios-tampakis.net/reso ... ICTION.pdf

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Dan and all :roll:

Yes, it does appear boring, so cheer up and start believing that you can win the Jackpot. At least even false hopes can keep you happy LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been informed no one has contacted the creators of winning a jackpot. If that happens, these programs will be best sellers.

I only know about LA so can't help you with GAT and WG. Ive been doing "my own things" :D on LA for over a Month now and have just started to put it to test last Week. Results as follows:- I am working on Euromillion and Thunderball most of the time.

1st project bet =6 lines on Euromillion = just 1 number from 5 main numbers.

2nd project = 6 line Euromillion = match 2 main number = £2.60 plus match 2+1 bonus = £5.10

3rd project (last Fri)= 19 lines on Thunderball with number 1 as banker Thunderball itself = LOSS ALL and just a few single numbers.

4th project (yesterday) = repeated yesterdays 19 lines because I believe positive result is due. Number 1 Thunderball arrived and ALL 19 lines won a prize. Total = £77
It was so freaky because all main 5 numbers were on my 19 tickets but astonishingly, a total of 8 lines hit 1+1 only.

Is it beginners luck?

I think knowing how GAT and WG works can help me but am a bit too busy and excited by LA for now. Lets see what happens in the next few Weeks. :roll: :ugeek:

Good luck all.

Alan

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:07 am

Chopping and changing - yes Skirrow, I've been doing a lot of that too - going through my own personal cold cycle. :-) Last week however, GAT and WG managed 4 separate 3-hits from 15 tickets. Since a ticket costs 50 cents, and a 3-hit wins $5, my faith is restored.

I've gone back to the default of 100 draws tested, and total stat data 20. When I used smaller number of draws tested, the hits graphs looked awesome but seemed to immediately turn cold as soon as I started using those gats.

Am now creating a "synthetic gat". I requested the best 2-hit tables with 6 numbers selected and with 5 numbers selected. After getting past three million gats, the best hitting tables were still under two million, thus it doesn't take too much time for GAT to reach them, and LUCKILY there were exactly 3 best gats so I didn't have to agonize about which gat to choose. :-)
I just left a message in the WG portion of this board to describe how I wheeled the 3 number groups.

Draughtsman you mentioned some weeks ago that you were also using synthetic gats - Actually I only began trying the synthetic because of your post - but I couldn't get your high results - probably because you're using fewer draws and you're finding temporary hot cycles. But as stated above, fewer draws just didn't work for me, so I'm back to using 100 draws. My best 2-hit tables get 38 2-hits out of 100 draws.

Alan congratulations!

Hey Anastasios you are SO modest! This is the first I hear of your paper. Thank you Draughtsman for mentioning it!

Sooz

draughtsman
Site Admin

Post by draughtsman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 am

Hi sooz,

I referred above to my test runs using GAT at lower than 13 stat draws - actually tried them all at every interval 2 through 13 trying to detect if there was a 'sweet spot' somewhere down in this range and then using the results in synthetic mode aggregating three tables ie trying to get 2 wins in 5 numbers in three tables. During this whole testing phase I unfortunately went through one of your cold cycles - barely any sort of result. So I am now back just doing normal runs but with my hot GAT which on its initial run got 4 full hits in 12 numbers across 50 past draws and am hopeful it will repeat its success - so far a three a two and a zero using the run factor to keep the past draws and the stat draws all synchronized. Shall use this for a while to see how it pans out but will also start looking at synthetic use again at higher stat draws - so far I doubt if you need use much more than 15 and yes I agree you do need to get a good picture of how the GAT behaved over its draw predictions so 50 and above does this adequately.

draughtsman

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Folks,

did i missed something? I've never seen the synthetic mode in GAT :D or am i just misreading things here? I thought this feature is going to be supported by the next GAT release? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Cheers,

pusha.

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Pusha,
No synthetic mode built into GAT yet. I simply chose 3 tables to put together myself. Just another strategy I'm trying. One big advantage is, you don't have to wait for the gat id's to be so high. It's faster to find three good 2-hitting gats than it is to find one good 6-hitting gat. If you try this, remember to ask GAT for "absolute" only category - because you'll be wheeling to take only 2 numbers from each group. This reduces the number of tickets you need.
.....Sooz

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am

Hi everyone, actually the original synthetic design will attempt to combine GATs which partially hit (e.g. 1-2 correct most of the time) in such a way to produce a larger set of numbers which produces more hits at the same draw. What Sooz and draughtsman describe is a matrix construction and it is not directly related to what the synthetic will do. Matrix seeking could be supported partially by this synthetic mode approach however but it hasn't been designed with that in mind. I'll examine if I can add this support too.
Also Sooz, indeed you can find easier GATs that produce exactly 2 hits, again those that produce the most 2-hits will be found after a while. They usually just pop out quicker than waiting for a single GAT to provide most of the correct numbers. The drawback here is that all 3 GATs must offer 1-2 correct numbers at the same draw to get a good win.

cheers
lottoarchitect